This intensive group facilitation course offers an in-depth, participative learning experience which will significantly enhance your awareness and skills of facilitation with a range of groups. You will increase your abilities to work with both task and processes and review your capacities and areas for development. The links between personal development and professional development will be explicitly considered too.
Who is it for?
The course is for people who have some experience of facilitating groups and lead teams and want to energize themselves and their practice, increase awareness and depth of work, further develop capacity and confidence or integrate some gestalt approaches into their work.
This course attracts people from a range of professional backgrounds, creating a rich, stimulating source of learning, support and exchange. Programme participants include professionals working with people and teams such as coaches, consultants, team leaders, GPs, counsellors, psychotherapists, psychologists, teachers, lecturers, NGO leaders, residential workers, voluntary sector workers and others.
Please know that attending our Group Facilitation: Key concepts, skills and personal development one-day workshop is a pre-requisite for this course. You are also encouraged to undertake the two day Understanding and Working with Dynamics in Groups course before this Intensive.
- In depth understanding of the nature of facilitation, the role and scope
- Increased awareness and understanding of your strengths, style, impact and areas for development
- Enhanced presence and confidence in your work
- Broader facilitator skill set including types and levels of interventions
- Able to have open honest conversations
- Opportunity to practise skills and receive feedback
- Time to reflect on and work through practical group work issues with colleagues from similar and different disciplines
- Working with themes and issues in practice: setting up groups, difference, diversity, inclusivity and many others
- Increased understanding and application of theory in particular settings.
- Powerful experiential learning bringing in depth knowledge of group processes.