The Certificate in Groupwork includes three courses, all combining theoretical input with experiential learning and practice.
- Understanding and Working with Dynamics in Groups
- Working with Conflict and Confrontation in Groups and Teams
- Group Facilitation Training Intensive
Group Facilitation: Key concepts, skills and personal development
An energizing and unique day of participatory learning to build your confidence and skills as a facilitator of groups and teams. There will be relevant input which you can apply to your particular setting, time to discuss ideas with colleagues working in different areas, exercises to ground ideas in experiential learning and the opportunity to explore and learn from the processes of a group in the ‘here and now’.
Who is the programme for
This course is foundation level, for professionals just starting to facilitate and also people with some facilitation experience wanting to review and build on their practice and skills or integrate some gestalt approaches in to their group facilitation.
Programme participants include professionals working with people and teams such as coaches, consultants, team leaders, GPs, counsellors, psychotherapists, psychologists, teachers, lecturers, NGO leaders, residential workers, voluntary sector workers and others.
- Explore and understand the key elements of facilitation and the role of the facilitator
- Gain confidence as a facilitator and learn key facilitation skills
- Increase awareness of your approach to facilitation and areas for development
- Understand the importance of the context of the groups or teams you work with and how this can affect your facilitation
- Gain increased clarity regarding the importance of planning and preparation
- Find out about and experience key gestalt approaches to facilitation such as the power of working in the ‘here and now’ for enabling effective communication and change