A two-day introductory Workshop for anyone working professionally in OD and large organisations, bringing a unique Gestalt perspective to organisational issues – part of our Gestalt in OD Programme.
Why choose this course?
Gestalt brings a unique perspective to organisational issues. The focus on detailed observation and here and now awareness, its rigorous separation of data and interpretation, its emphasis on exploration and experiment and its innovative methodologies for addressing rigid patterns and blocked process all combine to create a powerful array of tools for anyone seeking to make sense of organisations.
Gestalt works well in combination with analytic and other models to create new opportunities for change and the development of systems and individuals. This workshop will provide you with a practical introduction to the foundations of Gestalt and how they can be applied to organisations.
What you’ll learn
- How we choose what’s important – Figure and Ground
- Gestalt approach to motivation and achievement – The Cycle of Experience
- A critical tool kit for understanding what’s going on – Awareness
- The power in being fully present – Being Here and Now
- Tuning in to the wider system – Field Theory
- Contact and action – the Gestalt Experiment.
Together these ‘big ideas’ constitute the foundations of the Gestalt Approach.
Who attends this course?
This is an ideal opportunity for development if:
- Your work involves organisational or personal change and you are looking for new tools and approaches
- You are an OD consultant, facilitator or coach and you want to extend your knowledge and skills
- You work in an organisation context and want fresh insights into why people (including yourself!) behave the way they do
- It is also designed as a first step for anyone who wants to join our Gestalt in OD: In Practice course.
- Short briefings and input – straightforward language with real everyday examples to bring ideas to life
- Practical Exercises – to help make sense of the concepts and ground them in experience
- Group Discussions – to clarify and deepen understanding.
Tony Fraser is a highly experienced Organisation Consultant and Executive Coach who has worked in the private, public and ‘third sector’ with every level from frontline managers to Board Directors.
Tony has designed and led organisation change programmes and leadership and team development programmes for some of the world’s most successful organisations. He has used the Gestalt Approach successfully over the last 30 years and continues regularly to renew and update his practice. Tony is co-author of ‘Gestalt for Managers’ and ‘The Management of Interpersonal Skills Training’.
Christina Schuierer is an OD consultant and trainer with 20 years’ experience of working with both public and private organisations worldwide. She has helped development organisations and teams to become more successful in designing and implementing projects on economic development, environmental protection and organisational sustainability and has worked in more than 50 countries in Europe, Africa and Asia.
Christina applies the Gestalt Approach to consulting, training, coaching and therapy in her work: managing a small consulting company based in Berlin, teaching on the faculty of International universities and institutes and taking responsibility for staff care at the German headquarters of Médecins Sans Frontières.
WHAT OUR PARTICIPANTS SAY
“The here and now exercises/experiments on Day two were particularly powerful learning experiences”
“I found talking through gestalt cycle of experience very helpful and particularly liked the organisational setting examples as well as the opportunity to explore each stage in smaller groups” FK, Senior OD Consultant