Experience – Learning – Change
The Gestalt Centre, as part of its training programme for psychotherapists and counsellors has held large group relations training events for the last 20 years.
For 2018 we are developing this learning opportunity and inviting participation from the wider professional community.
This will bring a unique opportunity for professionals from various settings to work together in depth and an opportunity to:
- Learn more about how group dynamics are influenced by diversity and cultural differences
- Become more aware of the impact of Large Group Dynamics
- Increase your ability to recognize regressive processes in groups
- Enhance your leadership skills
- Learn about community building
The overall aim is to increase our personal effectiveness in our lives and in our professional roles.
Who’s the event aimed at?
Applications are welcome from human relations professionals interested in understanding more about groups and organisations and how they as individuals work in groups. It will be of interest to: psychotherapists; counsellors; trainers; consultants; facilitators.
The Large Group is a rewarding and demanding learning event; some level of prior experience and work of a psychological nature would be a great advantage and those who are experiencing distress; stressful circumstances such as bereavement, divorce or other significant event are advised to attend at another time.
Staff may contact applicants to discuss this further.
Benefits of attending the programme
Whether you’re working therapeutically with individuals, with groups and teams as a therapist, a trainer, a coach or facilitator, or with organisations as a consultant:
- you will increase your awareness and understanding of the impact of diversity and cultural differences in your work setting and on you
- you will appreciate more fully the dynamics affecting you and your clients, the impact of the wider relational field and ‘internal’ psychodynamics
- with increased awareness you will improve your leadership capacities and personal authority, and ability to keep grounded in highly charged situations.
Method and Theory
The primary learning method is experiential, learning through experiencing; participating in and exploring the impact that you have on others and the impact that others have on you as the conference develops as a working community. The varied events and structures provided by staff and developed by the participants allows space for exploration, reflection and cumulative learning. The large group develops as a temporary organisation and indeed society in which our experience in the here and now can be reflected upon as relevant for our work with individuals, groups, teams, organisations and communities. The primary theoretical orientation will be Gestalt and the event will be a very good opportunity to learn about Gestalt theory and method through experience. Gestalt is an integrative approach and other theories will be utilised when appropriate.
Friday 26th to Monday 29th January 2018
Lift, 45 White Lion Street, London, N1 9PW
What people have said about previous Large Group Events
This has been an amazing, challenging and transformative experience! – PGC
This has been exceptionally good: challenging and ultimately growthful. Best way to learn! – SD
Above and beyond my expectations! Both personal and professional – DC
A potent use of a large and rare group experience – PM
How to Book
For more information, please complete the contact form and we’ll be in touch, or complete an online Application / Booking Form.