This one-day workshop explores the range of desires, values, skills and capacities different leaders bring to their role. You’ll deepen your awareness of how personal challenges, organisational pressures and rapidly changing contexts can impact our effectiveness as leaders.
Who is it for?
The workshop is ideal for:
- People planning to facilitate groups
- People currently facilitating groups and wish to review and develop knowledge and skills
- Facilitators interested in Gestalt concepts applied to group facilitation
Why join us
- An increased understanding of the role of facilitator
- Heightened awareness of your capacities in the role
- Tools and skills to facilitate groups and meetings more effectively
About the workshop
There will be relevant input which you can apply to your particular setting, time to discuss ideas with colleagues, exercises to ground ideas in experiential learning and the opportunity to explore the process of a group in the here and now.
Effective groups bring change and learning. How effective they are is greatly influenced by the ability of the facilitator, team leader or manager. There are many aspects to group leadership and facilitation and this one-day workshop will focus on a number of key areas:
- Groupwork in Context
- Planning and preparation
- Facilitation: the role, breadth and introduction to skillful interventions
- Gestalt concepts and tools for group facilitators
- Working in the Here and Now
- Review of learning and next steps