This, the second of three courses in our Gestalt in OD Programme is delivered over two blocks of three days. You’ll build on your initial understanding of Gestalt in OD and learn how Gestalt can be powerfully applied in a professional setting.
Who takes this course?
Organisation Development, Human Resource and Learning and Development practitioners, who have some experience of Gestalt and want to use it in their practice.
You need at least a basic grounding in Gestalt concepts and some organisational experience in your background.
What you’ll learn
- Understanding of and the ability to apply the main Gestalt concepts relevant to OD
- Substantial exploration and review of individual practice (e.g. personal strengths and limitations, development of insight and awareness)
- Professional consulting skills (e.g. contracting, diagnostics, designing interventions, working with others)
- Practical Application through case reviews.
- ‘Here and Now’ experiential activities
- Personal work in small and large group settings
- ‘Real play’ case consultations
- Short inputs, group discussion and practice on concepts and tools
- Some structured data gathering to acquire feedback between modules.
Tony Fraser is a highly experienced Organisation Consultant and Executive Coach who has worked in the private, public and ‘third sector’ with every level from frontline managers to Board Directors.
Tony has designed and led organisation change programmes and leadership and team development programmes for some of the world’s most successful organisations. He has used the Gestalt Approach successfully over the last 30 years and continues regularly to renew and update his practice. Tony is co-author of ‘Gestalt for Managers’ and ‘The Management of Interpersonal Skills Training’.
Christina Schuierer is an OD consultant and trainer with 20 years experience of working with public and private organisations worldwide. She has helped development organisations and teams to become more successful in designing and implementing projects on economic development, environmental protection and organisational sustainability and has worked in more than 50 countries in Europe, Africa and Asia.
Christina applies the Gestalt Approach to consulting, training, coaching and therapy in her work: managing a small consulting company based in Berlin, teaching on the faculty of International universities and institutes and taking responsibility for staff care at the German headquarters of Médecins Sans Frontières.